Wk 4, gha 548: alternative living environments facility selection,
Wk 4 – Alternative Living Environments Facility Selection Paper, Part 1
The Alternative Living Environment assignment is divided into two parts. Part 1 of this assignment is due this week, and Part 2 will be due in Week Six.
For this assignment, you will use the facility you selected in Week 3;
Intermediate Care Facility (ICF)
In this part of the assignment, you will examine the demographics and structure associated with ICF. In the second part of the assignment, week 6, you will interview a leader from that facility.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that describes various aspects of the chosen facility in which you:
· Identify the demographics of the community.
· Explain why you selected the facility.
· Describe family and provider roles.
· Describe what resources are available for the patient, family, and provider.
· Provide an overview of the organizational structure.
· What is the corporate structure of the facility?
· What is the leadership structure of the facility?
· Explain the location of the living environment.
· Compare and contrast the demographics of the facility to the community.
· How close is it to medical facilities and community support?
· Is transportation available? What impact does this have on the family or caregivers?
· Discuss what other types of living environments are available in the community and the major differences between them.
· Describe how this facility markets itself.
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed references
Format APA stylel
Week 3’s Submission for Reference on ICF
The chosen environment for week 4 and week 6 assignments is Intermediate care facility (ICF). Research indicates that ICF mostly serves people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) that need long-term placement that provides nursing related care (Morantz & Ross, 2022). Many people are unaware of the care that takes place in ICF despite the importance of these facilities. ICF serve as the first line in determining the type of treatment, care and placement that people with IDD need hence they are very important (White, 2022). These are part of the reasons that I have selected ICF so that I can do more research on it and understand it better.
Many times, ICF is confused with skilled nursing facilities, and they are regarded as lower-level nursing facilities. As a result, I have chosen ICF to explain the type of nursing care that ICF provides, the role of nurses in providing optimum holistic care to those in ICFs. I also chose ICF because feel that the other alternative living options have been adequately discussed in literature and they are well understood by people hence there is no need to delve into them further. As a Medicaid provided program, I want to shed some light on where ICF services are available and some of the requirements needed to enroll into ICF program.
White, A. (2022, August, 01). The Nurse’s Role in an Intermediate Care Facility (ICF). https://nursingcecentral.com/intermediate-care-facility/