Week 5 final paper and discussions ashford 6
Watch the video, The Importance of Play. Here is the video transcript. Discuss specific examples of how play benefits a child’s development. Then, using at least one online resource, describe how much play today’s children are getting or not getting. Be sure to include a link to your resource. Lastly, offer one to two specific ideas for incorporating more play into a young child’s day. Your initial discussion post should be at least 200 words in length.
View the webcast, Technology and Interactive Media as Tools in Early Childhood Programs. As you watch, make note of the benefits and possible limitations of using technology with young children. For an alternate accessible resource related to this position statement by the NAEYC, please review this document Technology and Interactive Media as Tools in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children from Birth through Age 8. You will then construct a discussion post in favor or against the use of technology with young children, based on your assigned group below:
- If your last name begins with the letters A – M, you will respond in favor of technology.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Z, you will respond against the use of technology.
Be sure to include specific examples from the webcast to support your stance. Your initial discussion post should be at least 200 words in length.
Ashford 6: – Week 5 – Final Paper
we have a failing grade. Please ensure you do a great paper on this that follows the attached rubric to ensure that we raise the grade
This paper should be a combination of philosophies, theories, and concepts learned in this course, and demonstrate how they apply to the early childhood classroom. The primary focus will be on the comprehensiveness of the many components that are necessary to consider when designing curriculum for a preschool or young child’s classroom.
For the Final Paper
- Select an age group (Pre-K, kindergarten, first grade, etc.).
- Identify and discuss the three theories and/or philosophies that reflect how you envision your classroom and curriculum.
- Provide a summary of the concepts you will teach in each academic area (math, reading, science, and the fine arts).
- Describe two specific activities for each academic area that will demonstrate how you will teach these concepts in a way that is representative of both the theories/philosophies you discussed and NAEYC or state standards.
Your paper must be seven to eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Name of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must include at least two outside scholarly sources.
- Must use American Psychological Association (APA) style as outlined in your approved style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a reference list that is completed according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.
- Must be well organized and reflect college level writing.