U.s. history 1865 to 1945
1. The Collapse of Reconstruction:
Explain the reasons for the collapse of Reconstruction.
2. The Loss of American Indian Life and Culture:
Explain the process of “Americanization” as it applied to Indians in the nineteenth century.
3. The Key Political Issues: Patronage, Tariffs, and Gold:
Explain why Americans were split on the issue of a national gold standard versus free coinage of silver.
4. Discuss in your own words, the Reconstruction Act of 1867.
5. Discuss in your own words, The Victor’s Burden 1865.
6. Please read attached “African-American Lives 2: A Way Out of No Way Video Transcript” and provide your thoughts.
7. Please read attached “Sacred Spirit: The Lakota Sioux, Past and Present Video Transcript” and provide your thoughts.
8. Please read attached “Populists: Elections of 1892 and 1896 Video Transcript” and provide your thoughts.