Statistics: concepts of mean, median, mode, standard deviation and
- Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- Discuss the concepts of Mean, Median, Mode, and Standard Deviation, including when each should be used, and evaluate the differences of each. How can knowing this information about data help us?
- Describe an example from your own personal or professional experiences about using either Measures of Center (mean, median, or mode) or standard deviation, and discuss how knowing that information helped you.
2. Probability is about mathematically determining how likely an event is to happen. Probability can be applied to many different aspects of our lives and help us make informed decisions.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- Discuss the concept of probability, including the notion of an experiment, outcomes, and sample space. How can each of these be useful to us?
- Describe an example from your own personal or professional experiences where you are focused on obtaining a specific, desired outcome. Evaluate what the ideal experiment, outcome, and sample space are for that situation.