Reflective article instructions: nursing topic (500 words or less) | nursing | Arizona State University
- Begin with a clear and concise introduction that introduces the nursing topic you will be reflecting upon.
- Provide a brief overview of why this topic is important in the field of nursing.
- Share a specific personal experience related to the nursing topic. This could be a patient interaction, a clinical situation, a learning moment, or any relevant experience.
- Describe the context, setting, and people involved in the experience.
- Reflect on the personal experience and explore your thoughts, feelings, and reactions at the time.
- Consider the impact of the experience on your understanding of the nursing topic and its relevance to your nursing practice.
Learning and Insights:
- Discuss the insights and lessons you gained from the experience. How did it influence your perspective on the nursing topic?
- Reflect on any new knowledge or skills you acquired, or any changes in your attitude towards the topic.
Application to Practice:
- Explain how the insights gained from this reflective experience can be applied to your future nursing practice.
- Discuss how this experience might influence your interactions with patients, colleagues, or your approach to nursing care.
- Summarize the key points of your reflection and the impact of the nursing topic on your personal and professional growth.
- Conclude with a statement about the ongoing relevance of this reflective experience in your nursing journey.
Formatting and Guidelines:
- Keep the article concise and focused, with a maximum word count of 500 words.
- Use clear and concise language. Avoid jargon or overly technical terms that might not be familiar to all readers.
- Proofread for grammar and spelling errors before submitting.
- Submit your reflective article according to the guidelines provided by your instructor.
- Ensure you meet any formatting or submission requirements specified.