Psy 810 comparison matrix | Psychology homework help
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Empirical research is the foundation to scholarly research and scholarly writing. An empirical article is defined as one that reports actual results of a research study. The article will include a description of the study, an introduction, a research question, an explanation of the study’s methodology, a presentation of the results of the study, and a conclusion that discusses the results and suggests topics for further study. This assignment will help you locate and identify empirical research studies.
- Access and read Article 1 by going to
- Access and read Article 2 by going to http://dx.doi.org.library.gcu.edu:2048/10.1016/j.profnurs.2011.06.004
- The Comparison Matrix contains a table with three columns and six rows. The columns are titled Article 1, Article 2, and Article 3, and the rows are titled Title, Persistent GCU Library Link, Purpose of the Study, Research Question(s), Sample Population(s), and Limitations. You will see that the appropriate information from Article 1 has been included.
- Use the Article 2 persistent link as provided above and in the Comparison Matrix to locate and read Article 2.
- After reading Article 2, provide the appropriate information in the cells in the Article 2 column of the Comparison Matrix.
- Go to the GCU library. Use the “Find Journal Articles” search feature found on the home page of the GCU library to locate an empirical article in your field of interest. Use the Empirical Research Checklist to determine whether a study is empirical. This will be Article 3 in the Comparison Matrix.
- After locating and reading the empirical article you found, provide the appropriate information in the cells in the Article 3 column of the Comparison Matrix.