Problem-oriented policing | cje4410 | Florida State University
This project will center on problem-oriented policing commonly referred to as POP projects. You are to access the website https://popcenter.asu.edu/ and select a topic area from the following:
- Alcohol and Drug Problems
- Disorder & Nuisance Problems
- Traffic Problems
- Violence Problems
- Burglary & Theft
Once you select your topic area and click on the link you will see a variety of specific topics that offer pdf guides. For example, if you choose disorder & nuisance problems you will see a sub-list of topics and one under the section is Chronic Public Inebriation. You can select the topic and it will bring you to a page that allows you to download a pdf of a guide. These guides are completed from research of this problem and will offer the assessment of the problem and specific responses to the problem. It will also discuss the effectiveness of the specific problems.
You are to download and review your selected topic and then based on the review complete a power point presentation that will discuss the program. In the power point you should include:
- A discussion of the problem
- The stakeholders involved in identifying and implementing the specific responses
- The resources required and any known costs of those resources for implementation
- The specific responses utilized
- The effectiveness outlined and measured either through qualitative or quantitative measures or both.
- Suggestions you have toward addressing the problem that were not covered.