Module 1 week 2 scenario
- A 49-year-old patient with rheumatoid arthritis comes into the clinic with a chief complaint of a fever.
- Patient’s current medications include atorvastatin 40 mg at night, methotrexate 10 mg po every Friday morning and prednisone 5 mg po qam.
- He states that he has had a fever up to 101 degrees F for about a week and admits to chills and sweats.
- He says he has had more fatigue than usual and reports some chest pain associated with coughing.
- He admits to having occasional episodes of hemoptysis.
- He works as a grain inspector at a large farm cooperative.
- After extensive work-up, the patient was diagnosed with Invasive aspergillosis.
(1- to 2-page case study analysis-this does not include title page and reference page)
Develop a 1- to 2-page case study analysis in which you:
- Explain why you think the patient presented the symptoms described. (Not a trick question but reflective of a patient on immunosuppressive drugs and a high-risk employment for exposure to Aspergillosis)
- Identify the genes that may be associated with the development of the disease.
- Explain the process of immunosuppression and the effect it has on body systems.
Developing answers to these 3 questions, each question 1-2 paragraphs will bring you to the 2-page expected limit. 3 pages will not lose points but learning to synthesize points, provide current references (submissions like this would earn 3 primary references) and citations will garner full credit.
Reminder: Include a title page, introduction, summary, and references, done in APA format. Keep references current, 5 yr. from publication please and from primary references (# references to support your points for full credit) like classroom textbook, peer-reviewed journals.