Its632-a05-datamining | Information Systems | University of Cumberlands
This week our focus is on data mining. In the article this week, we focus on deciding whether the results of two different data mining algorithms provides significantly different information. Therefore, answer the following questions:
- When using different data algorithms, why is it fundamentally important to understand why they are being used?
- If there are significant differences in the data output, how can this happen and why is it important to note the differences?
- Who should determine which algorithm is “right” and the one to keep? Why?
- Students must not copy and post from sources. When referencing sources, students must rephrase all work from author’s and include in-text citations and references in APA format.
- The initial discussion board posts must be from 100-150 words.
- 2 Peer responses must be 50-100 words.
- The content must also not be from the textbook.
- Peer responses must be substantive in nature.
- Build on something your classmate said.
- Explain why and how you see things differently.
- Ask a probing or clarifying question.
- Share an insight from having read your classmate’s posting.
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Expand on your classmate’s posting.
- Peer responses that are “a good job” or “I agree” do not count as substantive post.