Human resource management week 5 assignment | HRM 520 – Human Resource Information Systems | Strayer University
Now that you have assessed the business, identified some of the inefficient HR-related processes plaguing Larson Property Management Company, and pinpointed a few possible solutions, it is time to choose an HRIS application that will best suit the business. In this assignment, you will provide a blueprint for the new system and select a vendor that provides the type of HRIS you believe is most efficient and effective.
To prepare for this assignment, review the Larson Property Management Company case scenario on pages 114-115 of the textbook, and then research logical process modeling with data flow diagrams and HRIS vendors that may suit the needs of Larson Property Management.
Two Ways to View an HRIS: Data Versus Process
- Explain the importance of viewing the HRIS from both a data and process perspective. Next, explain how the change team will use this information to address identified needs from Phase II: Analysis.
Logical Process Modeling with Data Flow Diagrams and Physical Design Choice
- Based on your research of logical process modeling with data flow diagrams, explain the key business activities and processes in the HR system and how the data will flow. Next, determine the physical design and explain your reasoning for the design. Defend your decisions with theory and findings from past readings and class activities.
Choose HRIS Vendor
- Now that you know the type of HRIS you will be implementing, it is time to choose an HRIS vendor. Compare and contrast three vendors, including a description of the cost, capabilities, and HR functions that the HRIS caters to. Based on your comparison, choose the HRIS vendor that you will recommend to your client, and explain the main reason why you decided to choose this vendor over the others.
- Use at least three quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the Library site for all support. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Choose an HRIS vendor that can support the required business activities, processes, and data flow needs of the HR department.