Him 301 introduction to health informatics wk4-case study
Select two of the following case studies and address the questions:
- Describe: What approach would you take to address the reporting problem?
- Examine: preadmission testing data being collected on paper. Describe how this effort can be approached. What methods can be used to implement the process?
- Compile: Using the Patient Safety and quality research design (PSQRD) methodology, identify an area of quality improvement in the hospital setting, develop a process plan, and identify the expected outcomes.
- Describe: Assume you are the leader of the KM effort. Where would you start to improve the user experience?
- Examine: Pharmacists supporting the ICUs are asking for your help to improve their situation (their user experience) because they are forced to use nonintegrated systems. What methods would you use to examine the issue?
- Compile: The institution is in the process of purchasing new physiologic monitors for their step-down unit. Describe how usability should be incorporated as part of the purchasing process. Design a brief usability test to support the purchasing process.
For each case study, include the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. In addition to the textbook, utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources per study to support your points. Cite and reference your sources in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.