Finance week 4 discussion #2
For this discussion forum,
• Compare the advantages and disadvantages of using a Dutch Auction to a traditional underwriting method for an IPO.
• Identify one real-life IPO that occurred in 2020. Try to select a company that a fellow student has not already selected.
• For this one IPO, determine the following: o The initial price o The stock price at the end of the first day of trading o The stock price at the end of 10 days of trading o The stock price at the end of 30 days of trading
• State the following in your post: o The total amount of the offering o
The number of shares offered o The underwriter o The fees for the IPO
• Evaluate the success of this IPO from the perspective of the issuer; the underwriter, and investors.
Your initial response should be a minimum of 200 words. Students need to learn how to assess the perspectives of several scholars. Support your response with at least one scholarly and/or credible.