Culture, change, diversity or strategic management
Culture, Change, Diversity or Strategic ManagementValue:45%Due date:22-May-2014Return date:12-Jun-2014Length:2500 wordsSubmission method optionsAlternative submission method
You will be required to write a 2500 word essay as follows:
Review an organisation with which you are familiar with reference to ONE of the following aspects:
a. The role of culture within the organisation.
b.The ability of the organisation to manage change and to learn and adapt as a whole organisation.
c.How the organisation manages diversity and what role it plays in the organisation.
d.The effectiveness of the strategic management practices of the organisation.
Please refer to relevant academic literature and source materials, as well as drawing upon your knowledge of the organisation.
This assignment is designed to:
- familiarise students with the various theories relating to organisations and organisational planning and control.
- encourage students to discern the strengths and weaknesses of the wide array of theoretical contributions;
- encourage students to use empirical evidence to support their arguments.
Your assignment will be assessed according to the extent to which it has:
- answered the question set, kept to the topic and covered only relevant issues;
- shown adequate use of a range of academic resources (e.g., journal articles, management books) to support arguments and recommendations;
- taken a critical orientation to the topic, theories and readings;
- built a sound argument using analysis, explanation and interpretation;
- incorporated original thinking based on a clear evaluation of evidence, treating sources critically and acknowledging their strengths and weaknesses;
- provided a well structured, clear and consistent line of reasoning across the assignment, including an effective introduction and conclusion;
- demonstrated readability (this relates to structure; clarity of expression; explanations; linkages and flow; grammar and spelling; use of headings; correct referencing and presentation).