Comparing rate of pay | Human Resource Management homework help
Unit 4 DB: Comparing Rate of PayThis discussion will give you a greater perspective on the differences in the cost of living throughout the United States. Please share the following information with your classmates. This information can be listed in bullet points.
- The state in which you currently live.
- Your state’s minimum wage.
- How does your state’s minimum wage compare to the current federal minimum wage?
Then consider and discuss the following scenario: Mr. Velez is a single parent with an infant and a 4-year-old. Mr. Velez works 40 hours a week and is paid your state’s minimum hourly wage while his children are in a childcare center full-time. Take a look at the average cost of care in your state.
- Is Mr. Velez considered to be above or below the federal poverty line with his weekly income?
- Can Mr. Velez afford the cost of childcare for two children on minimum wage pay?
- What social welfare policy or program would you recommend to Mr. Velez to help him make ends meet?