Claim of fact essay – should minimum wage be raised or lowered in the
Construct a claim of fact essay which clearly supports an assertion that a specific condition existed, exists, or will exist. Do not include an abstract or executive summary. Do not use first or second person pronouns: I, me, my, mine, you, your, yours, our, ours, us, or we.
The essay must be 500-700 words APA format .
· Does the writing have a definite beginning, middle, and end?
· Is the thesis the last sentence in the introduction?
· Does the thesis include three supporting ideas mirrored in the level I headings?
· Does the writing capture attention?
· Does the thesis make a factual claim?
· Does the ending give a note of finality or logical conclusion?
· Does the paper use valid facts, quotes, statistics, examples, and/or expert testimony to clarify and prove a claim?
· Is the data sufficient, accurate, recent, and reliable?
· Do sources meet the criteria for credible sources? Credible sources include scholarly journal articles accessed through the library; government websites ending in .gov; books; and sometimes a single news source. Websites ending in .com or .org are typically not considered appropriate for academic research.
· Is APA documentation used correctly?
· Are internal, level I headings used with each paragraph?
· Do internal headings mirror the language in the thesis?
· Is the format for margins and spacing standard?
· Are citations in parentheses concise and complete enough to find the sources on the reference page?