Business & finance – marketing conceptual assignment #2 (bus6750
Conceptual Assignment #2
Chapter 7: Do you think governments should consider human rights when granting preferential trading rights to countries? What are the arguments for and against taking such a position?
Chapter 8: Compare and contrast these explanations of FDI: internalization theory and Knickerbocker’s theory of FDI. Which theory do you think offers the best explanation of the historical pattern of FDI? Why?
Chapter 9: What are the economic and political arguments for regional economic integration? Given these arguments, why don’t we see more substantial examples of integration in the world economy?
Chapter 10: You are the CFO of a U.S. firm whose wholly-owned subsidiary in Mexico manufactures component parts for your U.S. assembly operations. The subsidiary has been financed by bank borrowings in the United States. One of your analysts told you that the Mexican peso is expected to depreciate by 30 percent against the dollar on the foreign exchange markets over the next year. What actions, if any, should you take?
Chapter 11: Why did the gold standard collapse? Is there a case for returning to some type of gold standard? What is it?
Chapter 12: In a world of zero transportation costs, no trade barriers, and nontrivial differences between nations with regard to factor endowments, firms must expand internationally if they are to survive. Address.
The Conceptual Assignment must follow the following guidelines:
- You must give quality answers that show mastery of the concepts being discussed, using clear logic, and supporting facts. Also, the answers must directly address the questions or discussion topics using chapter readings and research.
- Conceptual assignments test the understanding of key concepts and elements of International Business, therefore, they must be thoroughly addressed.
- You must use citations with references to document information obtained from sources. The key concepts and elements of International Business are found in the sources listed in the syllabus (it is your duty to search for them, read, analyze, evaluate, summarize, paraphrase in your answers, and cite the authors who wrote the articles, books, term papers, memoirs, studies, etc. What it means is that you will have not less than 6 references from the listed sources.
- Grammatically correct paper, no typos, and must have obviously been proofread for logic.
- Questions must be typed out as headings, with follow up answers in paragraph format, and a summary or conclusion at the end of the paper.
The Assignment must be in APA format