Business finance – management conceptual assignment #4 (bus6750
Conceptual Assignment #4
Chapter 6: Drawing upon the new trade theory and Porter’s theory of national competitive advantage, outline the case for government policies that would build national competitive advantage in biotechnology. What kind of policies would you recommend that the government adopt? Are these policies at variance with the basic free trade philosophy?
Chapter 8: What are the strengths of the eclectic theory of FDI? Can you see any shortcomings? How does the eclectic theory influence management practice?
Chapter 9: What are the economic and political arguments for regional economic integration? Given these arguments, why don’t we see more substantial examples of integration in the world economy?
Chapter 12: In what kind of industries does a localization strategy make sense? When does a global standardization strategy make the most sense?
Chapter 14: How do you explain the use of countertrade? Under what scenarios might its use increase further by the year 2020? Under what scenarios might its use decline?
Chapter 15: Explain how the global supply chain functions of (a) logistics and (b) purchasing can be used to strategically leverage the global supply chains for a manufacturing company producing mobile phones.
The Conceptual Assignment must follow the following guidelines:
- You must give quality answers that show mastery of the concepts being discussed, using clear logic, and supporting facts. Also, the answers must directly address the questions or discussion topics using chapter readings and research.
- Conceptual assignments test the understanding of key concepts and elements of International Business, therefore, they must be thoroughly addressed.
- You must use citations with references to document information obtained from sources. The key concepts and elements of International Business are found in the sources listed in the syllabus (it is your duty to search for them, read, analyze, evaluate, summarize, paraphrase in your answers, and cite the authors who wrote the articles, books, term papers, memoirs, studies, etc. What it means is that you will have not less than 6 references from the listed sources.
- Grammatically correct paper, no typos, and must have obviously been proofread for logic.
- Questions must be typed out as headings, with follow up answers in paragraph format, and a summary or conclusion at the end of the paper.
The Assignment must be in APA format