Assessments are the products teachers use to determine two key
Assessments are the products teachers use to determine two key components of the teaching and learning process: what students have learned and how effectively the teacher has instructed. Assessment strategies are an important element of effective teaching. Moreover, teaching students strategies to be successful in various assessments increases students’ confidence and in return provides better assessment results.
For this assignment, you will create a 10 slide digital presentation to share with your students at the beginning of the school year. The presentation should provide students with an engaging overview of the kinds of assessments they can expect in the content area, as well as ways to be successful on each assessment.
Identify the grade level and content area you are focusing on, and include the following in your presentation:
- An overview of formative and summative assessments in your content area
- Description of how you embed engaging learning experiences into the classroom that provide multiple ways for students to demonstrate knowledge and skills
- Explanation of how content area assessments are aligned with learning objectives
- Explanation of how assessments are administered in an unbiased, fair manner and account for students’ individual differences
- Description of the format of four content-specific assessments you will use during the school year (two formative and two summative)
- Study skills, preparation, and execution students should use to succeed on the assessments
- Discussion of how you design instruction to advance individual learning, address students’ strengths and needs, so all students in your classroom are successful
- A title slide, reference slide, and detailed presenter’s notes
Use language appropriate to your middle or high school students. Student-friendly language is essential.
Include images, graphics, and examples to enhance the slideshow’s visual interest.
Support your presentation with at least three scholarly resources.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.