Abnormal behavior week 1 discussion
- Review the “Cautionary Statement for Forensic Use of DSM-5” found in the Learning Resources for this week, paying special attention to the “Excerpt” (disclaimer preceding the text).
- Review “Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct” and “Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychology” found in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Familiarize yourself with the DSM-5 and how to identify the various disorders contained within.
- Identify one disorder from the DSM-5 on which you would like to focus for this Discussion.
- Search the Walden library and/or the internet to identify one or more scholarly articles addressing ethical and/or legal issues related to the disorder you selected.
Post the following:
- Based on your reading of the “Cautionary Statement for Forensic Use of DSM-5,” acknowledge that you understand your responsibilities as a future forensic psychology professional and explain one question or concern you have related to the statement.
- A description of the disorder that you selected from the DSM-5 to focus on for this Discussion
- An explanation of the ethical and/or legal issues associated with the disorder that you selected
- An explanation of how these ethical and/or legal issues apply to your field of study
Note: Your posts should be substantial (300–500 words), supported with scholarly evidence from your research and/or the Learning Resources, and properly cited using APA style. Personal anecdotes are acceptable within meaningful responses but cannot stand alone as a response.