815 wk10 final | Social Science homework help
· Date and time of observation:
· Location: Detroit Agency on Aging (DAA)
· The general agency’s environment and atmosphere:
· Take note of the facility’s accessibility, cleanliness, and physical layout.
· Look for amenities and resources for older adults.
2. Services and Programs:
· The services and programs offered by DAA:
· Check their website and agency brochures and flyers.
· Note the diversity and comprehensiveness of services including healthcare, transportation, food, and social activities.
· Determine service eligibility and enrollment:
· Check age and income criteria.
· Note waiting lists and required paperwork.
· Evaluate service information accessibility:
· Look for informative signs.
· See whether employees actively help tourists.
3. Staff and Interactions:
· Watch staff-client interactions:
· Observe staff friendliness and professionalism.
· The need for a change is evident in the way that the staff members react to the demand for change.
· Monitor staff-to-client ratio and workload:
· Assess the staff’s workload and assistance.
· Staff cultural competence:
· See whether staff respects older adults’ different origins and needs.
4. Facilities and Amenities:
· Assess physical amenities:
· Note whether there are sitting places, toilets, and specific equipment for older adults.
· Check for age-friendly, well-maintained facilities.
· Assess the agency’s accessibility:
· Note ramps, handrails, elevators, and other accessibility features.
· Assess the environment for mobility barriers for older adults.
5. Collaboration and Community Engagement:
· Look for DAA partnerships with other organizations:
· Notify community centers, healthcare providers, and local businesses about joint programs and resources.
· Find community engagement:
· Look for community outreach, seminars, and events for older adults.
· See whether older adults can provide feedback or make decisions.