8-2 module eight practice activity: research questions
In your final course in the criminal justice program, you will have to create a research question that you will then investigate further. To assist you in this task, we will provide a list of current research topics covered in each course and ask you to submit at least one research question based on a topic covered in that course for instructor feedback. Using the topics listed below (or others covered in this course), create one to three research questions and submit them to your instructor.
This research question assignment is graded based on completion, and instructor feedback should help you strengthen your questions for future use. After you have submitted the questions to your instructor, upload them (and the list of potential topics below, if you wish) to your ePortfolio PDF.
For more information on creating research questions, refer to this research resource from the Shapiro Library. This page also has a helpful FAQ section on research-question creation and expectations that you may want to explore further.
- Reducing recidivism
- Re-entering society after corrections
- Bail reform (pretrial systems, nonmonetary release options)
- Implicit bias (IAT)
- Professional training for criminal justice professionals
- Agency recruitment and retention of minority candidates
- Bridging the gap between criminal justice professionals and the community
- Public perceptions of criminal justice professionals
Specifically, the following rubric criteria must be addressed:
- Submit one to three research questions based on a topic covered in this course.
Guidelines for Submission
This assignment must be completed in written format.