5.1: peer influence in adolescence
Assignment 5.1: Peer Influence in Adolescence
Step 1: Using the information from your textbook, PowerPoint presentations, and the Internet; write a one to two-page paper on the following topic:
Explain how peer influences change during adolescence
- Include Piaget’s formal operational stage of development and how it may impact the thoughts and choices in adolescence.
- Discuss the shift of reliance on peers
- Discuss the shift from reliance on parents
- Include your opinion on whether or not there are any dangers to a shift in peer influence? Explain your answer
- Include your opinion on whether or not there are any consequences to a shift in peer influence? Explain your answer
- Include your opinion on whether or not there are any advantages to a shift in peer? Explain your answer
Assignment Expectations for Grading:
1. Demonstration of critical thinking, scholarship, and ability to connect and apply the material
2. Comprehensiveness and completeness of your responses
3. Adherence to the written instructions
4. Spelling and grammar
5. Provide 3-5 APA Style References to support your paper.
Step 2: Save and Submit your assignment
- After you complete the assignment, save a copy for yourself in an easily accessible place and submit a copy to your instructor using the dropbox.